How To Celebrate October As Rocktober
blogDetail.by_admin | 11 Oct 2021
In the world of rock music, October means good news.
In most years, it is a month that has been host to major releases from some of the biggest names in Rock history. From Bob Dylan's Highway 61 Revisited to Nirvana's Nevermind debuting at number one on Billboard 200, October has seen many important moments in Rock history. Let us explore why this celebratory month should be celebrated!
What other reasons can you think of for celebrating this month?
- Bob Dylan's release of Highway 61 Revisited
- Nirvana's Nevermind debuting at number one on Billboard 200
- Foo Fighters' 2011 Wasting Light tour members joined the band during the recording of the new album, and they played it live over two nights in Chicago. The second night was recorded for an album, which became Wasting Light
- Guns N' Roses release of Chinese Democracy
Rock music has been around since the 1950s
Rock originally started to become popular in the late 1950s, after an explosion of electric guitars and drums. The Beatles are a well-known rock band that was famous for their guitar riffs and elaborate harmonies. People consider the Beatles to be one of the most influential bands of all time.
The genre really took off in the 80s with heavy metal, punk rock, grunge, electronica, indie music, and hip-hop. Rock music is now one of the biggest genres in modern-day music.
Punk rock became very popular during this decade due to its fast-paced nature and catchy melodies. Punk rock groups would often alter lyrics to have political overtones.
One of the most important years in rock history was 1965, where many famous bands consisting of guitarists, drummers, and vocalists were created or established. People interested in rock music should check out this year to see why it is so significant to the genre.
The most important month for rock history is October because many influential bands were formed and released some of their best material.
Important rock events that happened in October
The following is a list of important events that have happened in October:
- The Beatles release their album Rubber Soul
- Oasis releases its debut album, Definitely Maybe
- The Doors perform at the Whiskey-A-Go-Go, which leads to them signing with Elektra Records
- Nirvana released the album Nevermind, which became a big hit and is considered one of the best albums of all time
- Metallica performs at the Monsters Of Rock festival, performing their famous song "Enter Sandman."
- Bob Dylan released his album Highway 61 Revisited
In October, many important bands get together to play some of their biggest hits. In particular, this month is a celebration for rock fans because many bands in the genre will come together in different cities to perform. The venues usually have a special theme related to a yearly celebration, a holiday, or in some cases, a famous venue that inspired other bands.
Most famous rock bands: The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, and Metallica
The Beatles is a popular rock band that formed in the early 1960s. The members of the band consist of John Lennon, Paul McCartney, George Harrison, and Ringo Starr. The band remained active for ten years, during which they released 13 studio albums. In 2012, Rolling Stone magazine ranked the Beatles as the "best artist ever".
Led Zeppelin was a British rock group founded by Jimmy Page in 1968. The band remained active until 1980, when it disbanded. Led Zeppelin has been awarded one Grammy Award and six MTV Video Music Awards since the release of its first album in 1969. Its album Led Zeppelin I was ranked as the greatest rock record of all time by VH1.
Metallica is an American heavy metal band formed in Los Angeles, California, in 1981. The band comprises James Hetfield (vocals and rhythm guitar), Kirk Hammett (lead guitar), Robert Trujillo (bass), and Lars Ulrich (drums). Metallica has released nine studio albums and two live albums, gaining worldwide fans and selling over 100 million records. In 2009, the band won their first Grammy Award for Death Magnetic.
These bands created rock music as we know it today by mixing genres such as blues and folk with country and eastern flavourings to create a new sound. Their music is still listened to today, even by the younger generation.
Rock music has been around since the 1950s, and it's no wonder that this genre of music still influences artists today.
With most famous rock bands like The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, and Metallica leading the way for decades now, October is a celebratory month that unites lovers of rock in celebration of all things Rock history-related.
If you're interested in learning more about how to celebrate October as an entire month dedicated to Rock Music History, tune in to Radio FM and listen to your favorite rock music at a single tap.
- Rise of Online Radio
- The Halloween Story with Radio FM
- How To Celebrate October As Rocktober
- A Brief History of Capital FM: UK's No.1 Music Station
- Playlist for the Classical Music Month
- How to Celebrate September as the Classical Music Month
- The Different Shapes of Radios
- 8 Meditation Music Stations You Should Listen
- Starting a Radio Station: Beginners Guide
- The trend of Internet radios in European countries
- World Music Day: All you need to know about
- Radio FM - Your one-stop to the World of Radios
- Is Radio Relevant in 21st Century?
- Ramadan 2021: How Radio Stations Can Help It
- Jazz World: History and evolution of Jazz Music
- Got Radio Network
- Ultimate Guide to K Pop Radio
- World Radio Day: History and evolution of the radio.
- Best Hip Hop Music Radio Stations to Rock On!
- How did Pandemic Affect Radio Listenership
- The Holiday Season Playlist for Radio Lovers
- Radio FM – An Era Defining Radio Application for your Mobile Phone
- Ultimate Guide To Christmas Rhythm
- Live updates on the US elections as it unfolds
- Trick or Treat: Time for Halloween Beat!
- Internet Radio in the age of Online Music Streaming
- NRJ Radio Network
- INTERNET RADIOS AND ITS TREND IN USA: EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT IT
- Radio Wave during Pandemic
- The Rising Trend of Listening to Internet Radio
- Internet Radio the Golden Pass to Great Entertainment